On this page doctoral positions are offered. Job offers for student assistants can be found here: HiWi Job Offers
Researcher / PhD assistants / PostDocs
The Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems (ACS) at RWTH Aachen is regularly looking for strongly motivated research assistants and doctoral candidates with competence in a selection of the following areas:
- Modeling, simulation of large and distributed power systems
- Grid monitoring, control and automation
- Energy management, flexibility and renewable integration
- Data spaces and cloud solutions for energy systems
- System Software for Power and Communication Systems
- Operating Systems, Embedded and Real-Time Systems
- High-Performance Computing
The position covers project work and allows the pursuit of a Ph.D. title according to the current regulations of the RWTH Aachen. The salary starts at “Entgeltgruppe” 13, “Stufe” 1. See here for quantitative information.
Please include in your candidacy message, your motivation, CV, transcripts of records bachelor & master, potential reference letters in pdf format. Also indicate your level of knowledge of both English and German language.
Our Institute pursues advancement in innovative technologies and pervasive ICT to make decentralised and heterogeneous energy systems possible for sustainability and energy independence goals. Our projects are primarily sponsored by the EU Commission (in partnership with industrial and academic partners from all over Europe), the German Government, and private industry. Take a look here to see our public projects, team by team.
Our research group of 60 colleagues, has an extensive and sustained publication record and enjoys access to a cutting-edge real-time simulation laboratory, for modelling, simulation and hardware in the loop activities, and to field pilots in the context of projects. Join us to create a climate-friendly and secure future!
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in electrical engineering, computer/information science
- Interest in scientific work, with the aim of obtaining a doctoral degree
- Fun with new technologies
- Innovative and interdisciplinary thinking, independent and structured way of working
- Fluent in English, preferably in German too
- Social competence, ability to communicate and work in a team
For questions and candidacy, contact our Chief Engineer.
RWTH Aachen University is certified to be a family-friendly university. At RWTH Aachen, we would especially like to encourage the careers of women, and therefore look forward to applications from female candidates. In case of equal applicability, competence and technical qualification, women will be favoured, as long as they are underrepresented within the unit of organisation and as long as there are no predominating reasons to choose a rival applicant. Applications from handicapped candidates who meet the qualifications are explicitly encouraged.
Professor Antonello Monti, director of ACS, was awarded "FAMOS für Familie" for family-friendly management in 2017.
Bettina Schäfer, Chief Engineer of ACS, was awarded "FAMOS für Familie" for family-friendly management in 2022.
Alexander von Humboldt scholarship
Thanks to the Alexander von Humboldt association, Prof. Monti is able to host in the next two years two young scientists at the level of Post-Doc or Assistant Professor.
Candidates will receive a scholarship for a permanence in Germany for 2 years. The Institute will host the young scientists and integrate them in our research groups.
Two important requirements should also be considered:
- Priority is given to countries that normally do not have many scientists already involved in the Von Humboldt activities. Goal is to expand the networking and the visibility of Germany as research place
- Special attention will be given to equal opportunities to make sure that a gender quota is achieved.
If you are interested please send your application documents to email@example.com.
Job Offers from our Partners
On occasion, job offers from our partners will be displayed here.
Please find the institute job announcements on RWTH Jobbörse below.
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Results
Softwareentwickler/in (w/m/d) (in German only) [V000006681]
Full Stack Developer Energie - Automatisierung - Simulation
[published 21/11/2023]Lehrstuhl für Automation of Complex Power Systems 17/12/2023