On this page doctoral positions are offered. Job offers for student assistants can be found here: HiWi Job Offers
We are often looking for strongly motivated PhD research assistants (doctoral candidates) with a diploma/master degree in electrical engineering who are fluent in English and German.
Our research covers areas like:
- Modeling, simulation and control of large and distributed power systems
- Grid integration of renewable energy sources
- Home energy systems
- Grid automation
- E-Mobility impacts on electrical grid
- Energy management on closed systems
- Distributed measurements and observers
- Agent based control
- Wide area network stability
- Control under uncertain conditions
- Stable and secure communication infrastructure for Power Systems
- System Software for Power and Communication Systems
- Operating Systems
- High-Performance Computing
- Large-Scale Distributed Systems
- Embedded and Real-Time Systems
The position allows for a PhD according to the current regulations of the RWTH Aachen. We’re happy to receive your application. Please indicate your level of knowledge of both English and German language in your application.
Alexander von Humboldt scholarship
Thanks to the Alexander von Humboldt association, Prof. Monti is able to host in the next two years two young scientists at the level of Post-Doc or Assistant Professor.
Candidates will receive a scholarship for a permanence in Germany for 2 years. The Institute will host the young scientists and integrate them in our research groups.
Two important requirements should also be considered:
- Priority is given to countries that normally do not have many scientists already involved in the Von Humboldt activities. Goal is to expand the networking and the visibility of Germany as research place
- Special attention will be given to equal opportunities to make sure that a gender quota is achieved.
If you are interested please send a CV to email@example.com.
Please add relevant documents (Motivation, CV, transcripts of records bachelor&master, potential reference letters) in pdf format to your application.
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. A. Monti, Director ACS
Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems
For initial information, feel free to contact our Chief Engineer.
RWTH Aachen University is certified to be a family-friendly university.
At RWTH Aachen, we would especially like to encourage the careers of women, and therefore look forward to applications from female candidates. In case of equal applicability, competence and technical qualification, women will be favoured, as long as they are underrepresented within the unit of organisation and as long as there are no predominating reasons to choose a rival applicant.
Applications from handicapped candidates who meet the qualifications are explicitly encouraged.
Professor Antonello Monti, director of ACS, was awarded "FAMOS für Familie" for family-friendly managament in 2017.
Job Offers from our Partners
On occasion, job offers from our partners will be displayed here.
Please find the institute job announcements on RWTH Jobbörse below.
There are no job offers at the moment.
Perhaps you will find what you are looking for on the general RWTH job exchange?