Notes on implementation
In WS2022/23, the internship will in all likelihood again take place as a face-to-face course. In addition, weekly supervision will be offered online by means of Zoom video conferencing. This means in detail:
- You will find the introductory session here in Moodle as a recorded video and a copy of the slides. Please watch these to be well informed.
- During the internship hours starting on 17.10, there will be a consultation (Tues, Thurs, and Fri 09-12) about programming, installing the software, or organizing the internship in the IDS CIP pool (https://www.ids.rwth-aachen.de/lehre/cip-pool). There you can ask a supervising person questions about your code.
- Furthermore, we offer an online consultation on Zoom on Mondays from 09-12.
The dates for the Zoom session will be posted in the Teaching and Learning Room.
In addition to advising in the CIP pool or in the Zoom conference, the forum here in RWTHMoodle can also be used for general questions about content and organization. Individual questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
- The 1st test will be offered as a Moodle-only test. You can participate in it when you are done with the 1.task block. It is not possible to postpone the testat after the 4th week of the internship. Please note that you can only take the ETest once and an ETest that has been started cannot be cancelled without a score. Use the sample test for testing. Points earned on the test will be converted to the internship score (0-3 points). In the Moodle test, knowledge questions will be asked and you will have to paste given code into your program and enter the results it generates.
- The 2nd test consists of a shorter Moodle test and a test in the CIP pool. You can take the Moodle test after you have passed the 1st testat (evaluation with at least 1 point), as soon as you have completed the 2nd task block in programming. Prerequisite for taking the testat is that you have taken the 2.Moodle test by 18:00 the day before and have scored at least 1 point. The 2.Testat (Moodle and CIP-Pool) must be taken at the latest in the 8.internship week (last internship week in 2022 from 6.12.). In the CIP pool, a supervising person will ask you questions about your code and you will have to explain your implementation. The Moodle test score and the testate score will be converted together into an internship score (0-3 points).
- The final 3rd testat is a pure testat in the CIP pool. There again a supervising person asks you questions about your code and you have to explain your implementation. All functions and classes of the whole project can be considered. You can take the 3rd test after successful evaluation of the 2nd test (min. 1 point), as soon as you have completed the 3rd task block in programming. Prerequisite for the participation in the 3.testate is the achievement of a total of at least 3 points in the first two testates.
- The testates will be conducted in the CIP pool mentioned above, or online on Mondays via Zoom video conferencing. During testate weeks (49th week starting 5.12 and 5th week starting 30.1), we will set up registration via Moodle for testate times. Appropriate registration is required during these weeks. During the other weeks, tests may be taken at any time during advising hours. Let us know at the beginning that you would like to take a testate.